Your SERIES-S battery has a number of built in safety features, such as a 8-second cutoff. It will also refuse to fire and the lights will flash instead if it's unsafe for the battery to fire.
However, to ensure that your battery is used safely, please be aware of the following:
- Don't use the battery if it has been visibly damaged.
- Activate the five-click lock when the battery isn't going to be used for a prolonged period of time or is going into a bag or pocket.
- Don't leave the battery to charge unattended or overnight, and charge on an inflammable surface.
- Be sure to use suitable charging cables and adaptors; fast-charge mobile phone adaptors are not suitable.
- Don't use charging cables or adaptors which are visibly damaged.